Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modern, jazz, lyrical and classical ballet. Contemporary dancers strive to connect the mind and the body through fluid dance movements.
Contemporary dance classes are then based on a specific choreographers style of movement. There is usually a combination of dancer technique, warm-ups, and then customized choreography in each class. Themes of different classes include use of gravity, intention, fluidity, movement, floor work, relaxation, dynamics and more!
Why we love Contemporary dance for adults?
– We get to express our feelings through our bodies.
– It feels good to learn to follow and trust our bodies.
– It improves flexibility by providing dynamic stretches, especially for the back and hips.
– We get to be creative with limited rules.
– By exercising the feeling of different paths of weight change, balance and our core become stronger!
– Lastly, it’s just one of those things you connect and fall in love with. You can truly explore your mind, body, and soul from the inside out 🙂 Don’t judge yourself and think you can’t do it, tell yourself why you need to do it!
This dance fitness based class will have you “rockin” your body into optimal shape! Easy to follow choreography, music you will love, for those with or without dance experience. Movements are customized from a dance training background, to help shape and improve your body as you just dance! It’s so much fun you won’t even know you are working out until you start feeling great and seeing results!
This is also a great way to improve movement skills which can help build confidence and a better brain to body connection for other types of dance styles. We also takes injury prevention and body alignment into account, so we HIGHLY recommend this as a form of cross training for experience dancers as well.
Body & Mind Benefits
– Improved mood
– Increased flexibility
– Increased body awareness & balance
– Pick up dance moves better
– Feel more comfortable in your own skin
– Increase body tone
– Burn lots of calories
– Prevent dementia
– Make new friends 🙂
Choose a level based on your experience, comfort, and fitness level. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For absolute beginners – newer dancers – dancers with physical limitations – int/adv students who want to improve their technique
For newer dancers – dancers with physical limitations – int/adv students – anyone with experience with any type of movement
For anyone with dance training advanced beginner to advanced
For intermediate to advanced level dancers – if you have any physical limitations, alternate options of movements are welcome